Purchases made on the xTupleCommerce site may include tax if the shipping address is within the same state as your company. Each state handles their taxes differently, so if you have questions specific to your products or state, we suggest contacting your financial advisor.
To create a CSV file for your taxes, follow these steps:
- Create a new spreadsheet.
- Add the required headers: State, ZipCode, ERPTaxZone, TaxFreight, TaxRegionName, TaxRegionCode, CombinedRate, StateRate, CountyRate, CityRate, SpecialRate.
- Fill out the columns and rows of information required by your state. Note: The rates need to be in decimal format (0.0625), not percentages (6.25%).
- Select SAVE AS, giving the file a name and changing the format to .csv in the process.
- Save the file.
To upload your taxes CSV file to your xTupleCommerce site, follow these steps:
- Login to the site as a Manager.
- Navigate to Admin > Control Panel > Setup taxes.
- Click CHOOSE FILE.
- Select the CSV file that you’ve created.
- Click UPLOAD.