While we work tirelessly on continual small enhancements, fixes and improvements, this page indicates our current direction for major functional and architectural issues in the xTuple ERP software. To see where we've been, read the Release Notes for our ERP software, OpenRPT report writer, CSVImp data import utility, and database Updater utility.
Comments are welcome, as always ... Contact us!
xTuple 4.10.1, 4.10.2, etc. — As Needed
xTuple 4.11 — Q1 2017
- More FeatureMob2 items
- Expanded xTupleCommerce and REST API functionality
- Native mobile client for inventory transactions*
- Continue performance improvements
- Reduce database locking during inventory distribution*
xTuple ERP 4.12 — target Q3 2017
- Other focused mobile applications?*
- ERP-wide Search (desktop client)?
- Expanding integrated Document Management
- Integration with third-party email services such as Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Improved translation handling
xTuple ERP 5.0 — ?
The xTuple ERP database and desktop client were first designed 1999 and have grown ever since. Along the way we chose to minimize forcing report definition changes, updating application scripts, and user retraining between versions.
User, administrator, and programmer needs and expectations have changed over the past several years. Multiple applications share the same database. More people are customizing their xTuple ERP environment. xTuple must change to keep up.
We started updating application internals in the 4.1x code line to simplify future growth. We will continue to do so. Our goal is to add enough internal scaffolding to allow refreshing the xTuple experience in a few extremely broad areas in a short period of time:
- Simpler, more consistent and modern User Interface
- Database renormalization
- Simplified desktop client scripting interface
Don't worry — many of these internal changes in 4.1x will improve user interface consistency and application performance while also fixing existing bugs. The changes are worth making now, regardless of the timing of the user interface update. Whenever possible we will give developers, partners, and power users tools to prepare for the changes to come.
* Denotes functionality only available in commercially-licensed Editions