How do I get language translation files?
There are two ways to get existing translation files (i.e., .qm files). These .qm files are used to translate the xTuple ERP user interface. The first method for obtaining .qm files is easy (but older) and the second method is more complicated (but newer).
- FIRST METHOD (easy) - Go to the xTuple Translation Portal and choose the language whose .qm file you want to download. NOTE: Even though the file you download is for an older version, it still should work with newer versions of xTuple ERP.
- SECOND METHOD (more complicated) - Download the source code (i.e., the .ts file) for your language translation from GitHub. Then convert the .ts file to a .qm file using Qt Linguist. For more detailed information on how to do all this, please see the article Information for Translators.
How do I use a translation (.qm) file?
To translate the xTuple ERP interface into your language, you will need to place the .qm file in the same folder as your xTuple ERP executable file. The exact placement of the .qm file varies depending on your operating system. The following screenshot shows how in Windows the .qm file should be placed in the same directory as xTuple ERP executable file ("xtuple.exe") :
Placing .QM File on Windows
Placing the .qm file on a Mac requires a few simple steps:
- Right-click on the xTuple application icon
- Select the "Show Package Contents" option
- Open the MacOS folder
- Place the .qm file in the MacOS folder
The following screenshots illustrate how to place a .qm file on a Mac:
xTuple Application Icon on Mac
Right-click To Reach "Show Package Contents"
Inside Package Contents Place .QM File in MacOS Folder