xTupleCommerce offers the ability for xTupleCommerce managers to edit product marketing content directly on the xTupleCommerce web portal. This capability is controlled by a privilege in the ERP. In this article, we will explain how to assign this privilege to manager users, as well as illustrate some details of the feature.
All products are created in the ERP as items. When the xDruple package is added to the ERP, each Item master includes a "Marketing" tab. On this xDruple-added tab, ERP managers can insert marketing text about products, including the title, subtitle, description, SEO title and SEO keywords. This content can be written and saved in the ERP, with all updates appearing immediately, in real time, on the website. However, some users may prefer to edit product information directly on the site, without having to go to the Item master to make changes.
This ability to edit marketing content directly on the site is supported for manager users who have the appropriate privileges. In the next section, we explain how to assign this permission.
Create an xTupleCommerce Manager Account and Assign Privileges in the ERP
Here are the steps to follow:
- Log into the xTupleCommerce site as an existing manager. (If you already have an xTupleCommerce user that needs this privledge, skip to the "Log into the ERP" step.)
- Go to People > Add People.
- Fill out all the details about the new user.
- Be sure to check the Manager Role checkbox. (Note, this will also work with the editor role.)
- Save the new user account.
- Log into the ERP.
- Go to CRM > Account > List.
- Double click the account.
- Check the Customer checkbox then click the CUSTOMER button.
- Say Yes to "Do you want to convert this Prospect into a Customer?"
- The Customer record will open.
- Save and close the Customer record.
- You will be returned to the Account record window.
- Click the User Account button.
- This opens the User Account Information settings for this particular account.
- Update the module to xDruple.
- Add the MaintainxDrupleMarketingData privilege.
- Click SAVE.
- This will return you to the Account window.
- Click Save to close the Account window.
- Now the new manager user can log into the xTupleCommerce site and manage product marketing content.
- To edit Item marketing content, log into xTupleCommerce as the newly created manager.
- Navigate to a Product page.
- Click the EDIT button.
- Edit the neccessary fields.
[NOTE: the Description field offers a What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) for editing the styles of the text. Managers can easily add headers, bold text, URLs, images and even videos to the product description.]
- Click SAVE.
- Then click the "View" link to observe the updates.