Neither the xTupleCommerce system nor the ERP stores plain text credit card information in the database. Both systems integrate with Authorize.net via the Authorize.net API. To retrieve API keys from Authorize.net, follow these steps:
- Go to Authorize.net
- Log into your account as an admin
- Click ACCOUNT in the main menu
- In the Security Settings area click on API LOGIN ID and TRANSACTION KEY
- Enter the answer to your account’s Secret Question
- Click SUBMIT
- Capture the keys
- Deliver the keys to xTuple - follow the instructions for Sharing API Keys from the bottom of this article.
Note: Every time you create an API key the old key expires within 24 hours. Your keys may be used in various locations (website, ERP, etc). Please save the keys in a secure location (LastPass.com, 1Password, etc) so you don’t have to recreate keys in the future.